Keeping Children Safe
What handover arrangements are made at the start and end of the school day?
- Staff are outside at the start of the day to meet the children.
- At the end of the day, staff take children outside and ensure they leave with their parent/carer.
- Children attending the Yellow Room arrive by taxi and an escort brings them into school and collects them at the end of the day.
What support is offered during breaks and lunchtimes?
- Teachers and teaching assistants are on duty for morning breaks.
- Welfare assistants and our Children and Families Officers are available at lunchtimes.
How do we ensure children stay safe outside the classroom (e.g. during PE, school trips)?
- Children are also supervised by an adult that knows them during PE (e.g. their classroom teacher and/or teaching assistant).
- Risk assessments are carried out for offsite activities.
What are our arrangements for undertaking risk assessments?
Where can details of policies be found?
- Our school policies can be found on this website.
Further information can be found on the Extra-Curricular Activities page.