Are there home/school contracts?
- Yes, these form part of the induction procedures when children join The Friars Primary School.
What opportunities are there for children to have their say?
- Our Children and Families Officer runs the School Council.
- The voice of children is sought as part of CAFs, EHCP referrals and reviews of their progress.
What opportunities are there for parents/carers to have a say in their son's/daughter's education?
- In addition to Parents' Evenings and SEN Review Meetings, parents and carers can meet with their child's teacher or another member of staff at a mutually agreeable time.
- Where there is an EHCP referral, the voice of parents/carers are sought and recorded.
- Surveys are used to gather parent/carer views of SEND provision as well as other aspects of the work of the school.
What opportunities are there for parents/carers to get involved in the life of the school?
- The Friars Primary School has a group of parents/carers and volunteers who are part of a group called Friends of the Friars (FOF). They organise fundraising events. Parents/carers interested in the work of the FOF should speak to one of our Children and Families Officers.
How does the Governing Body involve other agencies in meeting the needs of children with SEND and supporting their families?
- The Governing Body area aware of the agencies involved in meeting the needs of children with SEND.