Remote and Home Learning Policy
Code of Conduct: Remote Learning
Information for Parents: Changes to the Track and Trace Payments System
How to access Google Classroom using a Playstation or Xbox:
How to access Google Classroom on a PS4:
- Press the PS button on the DualShock 4 controller and head to the Library for your system
- Access ‘Games and Applications’ and head to the Applications section, where you will find the web browser.
- Once here, type in the web address of your school/learning resource.
- You will now gain access to your work via Google Classroom or OneDrive, including key packages such as Word, Teams, Excel, PowerPoint, and emails.
How to access Google Classroom on a PS5:
- First off, head to the PS5 Settings and select ‘Users and Accounts’.
- Pick ‘Link with Other Services’.
- Select Twitter to take you to the hidden web browser.
- Click the Twitter logo in the top left corner, and you will be taken to the Twitter UI for web browsers.
- Log in and you will then gain access to the PS5 web browser.
- Follow the remaining steps detailed above for PS4 users to access Google Classroom.
How to use Google Classroom on xbox One and Xbox Series X/S:
- The Xbox consoles each have access to Microsoft Edge – the web browser that comes preinstalled as part of the Xbox user experiences. This can be used to access Google Classroom (or another online education service approved by school).
- Plug a wired keyboard into your Xbox One, Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S via one of the USB ports on the front or the back.
- Press the Xbox button top-centre of a game controller and head to “My Games and Apps” in the side menu.
- Click on “See all”, scroll down to “Apps” and you will see Microsoft Edge in the icons on the right-hand side. Open it.
- Type classroom.google.com into the URL bar at the top and log in as you would on a PC, using your school Gmail account.
- You can either use an Xbox controller to move the cursor or a separate USB mouse plugged into one of the other ports.